I've not had time to continue working on this project so it has not been updated in quite a while.
However, as is the awesome nature of Open Source there is a forked version that is being actively maintained at webpidginz for anyone interested.
- WebPidgin is a plugin for Pidgin 2.x that provides access to your Pidgin instance, conversations and buddy lists through a web interface. Now you can IM from any device that has a web browser.
- The pre-Pidgin cutover Gaim version is on the WebGaim 2.x page
- A previous version of this plugin for gaim < 1.5 is available here.. However I don't recommend using it any more.
- The sourceforge.net tracker page is here.
- WebPidgin only supports Authentication: Basic httpd authentication. This is a plain text authentication method.
As of B18: ( 6/5/2008 )
- Chat rooms (IRC)
- Support for / commands
As of B17:
- Supports Pidgin 2.0.1+
- Display Online Buddies
- Start and Continue IM with buddies
- Login/Logout of IM accounts
- Supports AIM/Y!/MSN/GoogleTalk/etc ( Anything gaim supports )
- Basic httpd authentication ( Preferences panel allows for configurable username/password and port selection )
 Supported Browsers/Devices
- iPhone/iPod Touch
- Samsung i500 ( Handspring Blazer Browser )
- Sony PSP ( Wish it had a keyboard )
- Sony PS3
- Nintendo Wii
- Most WAP phones ( when frame support is disabled )
 Screen Shot
 Using WebPidgin
 Quick Start
- WebPidgin requires an installed copy of gaim since it runs as a plugin. Install Pidgin and configure it on your pc. This includes creating all of your IM accounts. Pidgin supports pretty much everything under the sun.
- Install the plugin following the instructions from here. Go to tools->plugins and enable enable WebPidgin Plugin.
- Once the plugin activate start a web browser on the same machine as webgaim and go to http://localhost:8888/ . At this point WebPidgin is running.
Using Mobile Browsers:
- If the PC running WebPidgin is behind a firewall, you will need to forward port 8888 to the PC with Pidgin. ( Your router should have documentation on how to do this )
- Now all we need is browse to http://yourip:8888/ from anywhere and you will see the WebPidgin interface.
 The UI
CMD: U : H : B : O
- This is the WebPidgin Quick Command bar.
- U = Refresh/Update the current screen
- A = Takes you to the Accounts Login/Logout screen
- O = Takes you to the Options screen
- ? = Takes you to the Help screen
- The active tab displays all buddies that have sent you a message that you have not read yet.
CMD: U : A : O : ? Active: (2) MyBuddy1  Online: MyBuddy1 SomeoneElse
- (2) specifies the number of unseen messages.
- MyBuddy1 is the buddy that IM-ed you.
-  If your WAP device supports access keys, hitting this button on the keypad would take you to that conversation.
|WebPidgin-2.4.1 Windows DLL||2.4.1||DLL for Windows WebPidgin plugin (2.4.1)|
|WebPidgin-2.4.1 Source||2.4.1||Source Code for Windows WebPidgin plugin (2.4.1)|